Nausheen Sheikh, Research and Design Director at Vesica, will be teaching Traditional Textiles Courses at the Nour Festival of Arts at Leighton House Museum in London, UK.
The courses will include hands on explorations of traditional Middle Eastern textiles. Participants will be tutored to create their own textiles in a course that explores the following areas:
- Colour combinations in traditional textiles from primary and secondary resource materials;
- How to achieve harmony and balance in the colouration of patterns;
- What is ‘texture’ and how it is created;
- Introduction to the Biomorphic forms, ‘Islimi’ motifs and their application to geometric patterns;
- Exploring various embellishment techniques.
Workshops run from October 6 to October 27 and at £45 for each session. Advanced booking is required. Please call 020 7471 9153 to book.
For more details, please visit http://www.nausheensheikh.com/index.php?page=13.